Nov 27: Thank you for submitting the the workshop survey. We posted the summary of the survery.
Oct 2: For participants: Thanks for joining us in Okazaki for the NIPS-SSC workshop. Please take a few minutes to complete the workshop survey. We would really appreciate your feedback.
Sep 21: The workshop was succesfully held with 12 talks, 40 posters and more than 200 participants. Thank you very much.
Sep 13: Notice: we are not going to provide the printed version of the abstract book. We would like to ask you to print it by yourself. Thank you for cooperation.
Sep 13: The abstract book was updated to Ver.1.02. Major change is retraction of poster P-04.
Sep 7: The abstract book was updated to Ver.1.01.
Sep 7: The number of participant to the banquet reached 90. Reservation for banquet and lunch was closed.
Sep 1: The abstract book is now available for download. Go to [Abstracts](PDF).
Aug 31: Now we have nearly 80 participants to the banquet. It will to be closed soon. If you wish to join it, hurry up!
Aug 14: Thank you very much. Poster submission is closed.
Aug 1: Deadline for the poster submission was extended to Aug. 14.
July 24: Hakwan Lau (Columbia University) will join the workshop as a speaker.
July 23: The titles and the abstracts of the talks were added to [Program].
July 22: For health reason, Petra Stoerig cancelled the talk.
July 22: The titles and the abstracts of the talks were added to [Program].
July 13: Now we have sufficient number of helpers. Thank you very much.
June 30: Instructions (in Japanese) is available from [Instructions (in Japanese)].
June 19: A Flyer (in Japanese) is available from [Download flyer (in Japanese)].
June 19: Added information about the program, access to the venue and the accomodation.
June 1: Room for Mishima Lodge on Sept. 18 is full and not available.
April 1: Update in the Top page.
March 2: Update in the Top page.
March 1: Registration and abstract submission is open.
Feb 12: The web site is open.
September 19-20: Workshop.
The NIPS international workshop for Scientific Study of Consciousness (NIPS-SSC) will be held at the Okazaki Conference Center (Aichi, Japan) in Sep 19-20, 2009.
The venue is near the Nagoya city, one of the biggest and most exciting cities in Japan, with easy access to many traditional shrines and temples, great food, and excellent nightlife!
This workshop is an official satellite event for the 32nd international neuroscience conference "Neuroscience 2009", which is the largest neuroscience conference in Japan and will be held at Nagoya (Sep 16-18, 2009).
All the presentation will be given in English.
It is supported by National Institute of Physiological Studies (NIPS) in Japan.
- Ralph Adolphs (California Institute for Technology, USA)
- Ned Block (New York University, USA)
- Olivia Carter (University of Melbourne, Australia)
- John-Dylan Haynes (Humboldt-University Berlin, Germany)
- Ryota Kanai (University College London, UK)
- Christof Koch (California Institute for Technology, USA)
- Hakwan Lau (Columbia University, USA)
- Shin'ya Nishida (NTT Communication Science Laboratories, Japan)
- Naotsugu Tsuchiya (California Institute for Technology, USA)
- Melanie Wilke (California Institute for Technology, USA, National Institute for Mental Health, USA)
- Takamitsu Yamamoto (Nihon University School of Medicine, Japan)
- Masatoshi Yoshida (National Instite for Physiological Sciences, Japan)