(2) early-middle carrier investigator track
- We call for symposia organized by an early-middle carrier investigator who belongs to FAOPS member or associate member society*. The main chair has to be early-middle carrier investigator who acquired PhD degree after January 1st 2000. Speakers list should include either the main chair himself/herself or a young investigator or student in the same laboratory. We plan to take about 10 to 15 symposia through this track. The result of selection will be notified no later than August 2018.
- Detailed information
- 1. Organizers: it consists of one main chair and one co-chair
- One main chair; The main chair needs to belong to society of physiology
which is the member of FAOPS. He/she is supposed to be responsible for corresponding with the speaker
candidates and the organizing committee of FAOPS2019 in proposing the symposium.
The main chair has to be an early-middle carrier investigator who acquired
PhD degree after January 1st 2000.
One co-chair; The co-chair is supposed to collaborate intimately with the main chair in correspondence and chairing the session.
- 2. Time of session:
Most of sessions are 120 mins, but some sessions of 90 mins will be available. Within the symposium, each speaker will have equal time.
- 3. Speakers:
- Speakers should include either the main chair himself/herself or a young
investigator or student in the same laboratory. Speakers can be maximum
five (more than three speakers) for 120 min case and maximum four for 90
min case. It is recommended that speakers from multiple countries (in particular,
countries of FAOPS members or associate members*) are included. It is also recommended to pay attentions to the diversity
in gender in selecting speakers. In submission, the organizers should personally obtain consent from all of the presenter candidates listed in the submission form. One researcher can present only once either
in all types of sessions, including special lectures, symposia, regular
oral talk/poster presentations except for company-organizing sessions (luncheon
seminar and company-organizing symposia). Speaker already listed in the pre-planned symposia should be excluded from the list.
- 4. Topics
- Proposals of immature but emerging fields which will hint future directions
of physiology are very welcome. We do not accept a proposal which too much
resembles any of the pre-planned symposia by the organizing committee**.
- 5. Travel support:
We will announce travel grant for foreign speakers around 2018 March. Oversea travel expense for coming to Japan will partially be supported if applicant is awarded.
- 6. How to submit proposal and submission deadline (strict):
Please submit filled forms (described in the section below) by April 30, 2018 to the email address;
- 7. Selection:
Organizing committee will select less than 15 symposia. The main chair will be directly notified about decision by email no later than August 2018.
- 8. How to fill in the form:
Form 1C: Summary
- Title of symposium (less than 130 characters)
- Category (120 mins or 90 mins)
- Information of chair and co-chair
- List of speakers and their (tentative) talk titles
- The synopsis of symposium (within 300 words)
This would include statement of aim and significance of the symposium and, possibly, reason(s) for the listed speakers.
Download [Form 1C file]
Form 2C: Bio-sketch of main chair, co-chair, speakers
- Name, nationality, academic title, year of acquiring PhD degree, country of PhD degree, affiliation, contacting office address,
- academic societies
- List of main publications by peer review within recent 5 years
Download [Form 2C file]