Young Scientist Travel Awards
Young Scientist Travel Awards is prepared to encourage young investigators to participate in FAOPS 2019 Kobe.
Applicants must submit an abstract as a presenting author for the regular poster session followed by submission of materials when you register your abstract.
Any questions related to the travel awards should be submitted to:
Atsushi Nambu, M.D., Ph.D.
Chair, Travel Grant Committee
FAOPS 2019 Kobe
Since applicants must submit an abstract through our website, submission starts simultaneously with the onset of abstract submission.
Call for travel awards application:
Aug. 1st, 2018 – Oct. 2nd, 2018 (12:00 noon, JST)
When you submit an abstract, be sure to check the box that you are willing to apply for the travel awards.
The whole application package should be upload by Oct.2nd (12:00 noon, JST).
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION FEE WILL NOT BE WAIVED FOR RECIPIENTS OF
THE TRAVEL GRANT
Applicants must submit an abstract for the regular session as a presenting author through our website.
When you submit an abstract, be sure to check the box
that you are willing to apply for the Young Scientist Travel Awards.
In addition, applicants must:
1. register for FAOPS2019 through the website during early registration period (Aug. 1st, 2018 – Oct. 31st, 2018 ,12:00 noon, JST).
2. be 45 years old or under at the time of April 1st , 2019.
3. be an undergraduate/pre-doctoral student, or postdoctoral/research fellow who is not currently enrolled in the tenure-tack program. Lecturers who do not have doctoral degree(s) but are mainly involved in teaching, are also encouraged to apply.
4. Upload a complete set of required materials (shown below) on your abstract submission page by the deadline of Oct. 2nd (12:00 noon, JST).
◆Application format and submission
Upon abstract submission, applicants should upload the following PDF files.
2. copy of the passport or photo ID, in which applicant’s photograph is included
3. official letter of recommendation from the department head of your institution
Complete set of these materials should be uploaded on your abstract submission page by the deadline (Oct. 2nd, 2018,12:00 noon, JST).
If you will not upload your PDF application materials by Oct. 2nd, 2018,12:00
noon, JST, your abstract will be treated as a general abstract, not as
a travel awards candidate abstract.
◆Range of support
The amount of award will depend on the region, in which applicant lives.
A partial support for travel/accommodation expenses is awarded.
Please note that registration fee will not be waived for Travel Award recipients.
Applications are reviewed by the Travel Grant Committee of FAOPS2019. Selections will be based on the scientific quality of the submitted abstract.
The ratio of recipients from each region is also considered based on the number of submitted abstract.
Number of recipients is contingent upon the availability of funds and the number of applications.
◆Notification of awards
All applicants will be notified whether he/she can receive travel awards by Oct. 25th, 2018
Recipients should complete the registration by the end of early registration
period, Oct. 31st (12:00 noon, JST).
If the recipient does not register for the congress by Oct. 31st (12:00 noon, JST), award may be rejected.
Certificate of the travel awards will be mailed to all recipients.
The Travel Grant Committee will also support to obtain Japanese visa for recipients upon request.
The Secretariat of FAOPS2019 can also provide housing information when necessary.
Please note, however, WE CANNOT SUPPORT TO OBTAIN TRANSIT VISA FOR OTHER COUNTRIES.